Monday 30 April 2012

Facebook privacy settings and 'Girls Around You'

Whilst procrastinating today I came across this blog post  'iPhone App contributes to trafficking?'.

It talks about an app, now removed from the iTunes Store, called 'Girls Around You'. This app give the user details of women near them, giving them their location and any facebook details available. The post above highlights that, although this app is now removed there are likely other ones like it and will probably be more in the future.

It is really important that girls keep their Facebook, Google+ etc. information on private - you don't know what information you're sending and to whom!

I'm sorry for not posting much recently. It is now the end of my final year and I have just completed and handed in my dissertation. I will be posting more in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment